Welcome to Student Support Services
The Student Support Services Department provides a strong network of services and support to the students, staff, parents and community of Lawndale Elementary School District. This department oversees a wide range of educational and support programs that provide instruction to our students. Our goal is to advocate for students and families by linking them to an array of services that will open the doors to a better tomorrow.
- Behavioral Challenges
- Emotional Regulation
- Familial Relationships
- Grief and Loss
- …and much more!
- Academic Support for Children
- Bullying Prevention
- Child Development
- Effective Communication
- Emotional Well-being
- Rules and Responsibilities
- Parenting Styles
- Positive Discipline
Attendance Case Management
LESD interns provide attendance monitoring for students to support daily attendance. Individualized attendance plans are created in collaboration with students and their families.
- Empowerment Group This group aims to boost self-confidence through learning mindfulness and identifying strengths to express a positive attitude, celebrate diversity, and create a promising outlook on the future.
- Friendship Group This group aims to teach and practice social skills with students. It also encourages students to foster peer connections, identify and cope with feelings, and to enhance social abilities.
- Grief and Loss Group This group aims to teach students about different type of loss and what the grieving process looks like. This will be done through art therapy activities, facilitated discussion, and mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
- New Comer Group This group aims to provide emotional support, and cultivates peer support for students who have recently moved from Spanish speaking countries to the United States.
- Relaxation Group This group aims to teach healthy coping strategies, and to provide a safe space for students who exhibit worry and sadness through artistic expression, and other fun activities.
Second Step is an evidence based program that educates students about social, emotional and behavioral well-being. Weekly lessons are facilitated by the LESD Interns throughout the school year.
Visit the links below for more information:
For more information about the Student Support Services Department, please visit our LESD page.